A seasoned performing artist, Wendy is adding songwriting and original custom instrumental slide guitar soundtracks to her repertoire.
Examples of her soundtracks in use:
1. Bob Stein's "Driving the Mississippi Delta" videos. Intro on many of the videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/bstein69/videos
2. Grand Prairie Friends of Illinois: https://fb.watch/3j2wJPo5z4/
3. The Walter Anderson Museum of Art in Ocean Springs in it's video Mississippi Gulf Coast Foodways. The soundtrack begins about 7 minutes into this fascinating piece: https://fb.watch/2vlCWZb8YJ/
4. A musical response to watercolors of artist and friend Robin Whitfield. https://www.facebook.com/100006775309455/videos/2839746006261215/
5. Hill Country TV Network, New Albany Mississippi: Theme song for an ongoing segment on farming, gardening and the environment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpUAA1-5miY
Wendy contributed slide guitar to Kansas musician Sally Vee's original songs on the upcoming Chakchiuma Swamp album. Read about the project here.
1. Mississippi Hill Country Picnic Guitar Workshop in Waterford to experiment with different tunings and rhythms 2022.
2. Andrea Stolpe's Nashville "Writer to Writer" five day songwriting retreat 2022
3. Sixteen one on one songwriting sessions as a client of Memphis songwriter Grace Askew in 2021 via Zoom
Performance highlights so far in 2022:
University of Mississippi Rebel quest day camp; Emily Jones Pointer Library Como "Legend of Robert Johnson at the Crossroads funded in part by the Mississippi Humanities Council; Union County Heritage Museum opening reception for the show Visual Storytelling, Six Mississippi Voices;
On labor day weekend, Saturday September 3, 2022, Wendy is thrilled to have been inivited to take part at RL Boyce's Hill Country Blues Workshop in Como Mississippi. The workshop is part of " a three day weekend event celebrating the mythic career of living Hill Country Blues King RL BOYCE."
The following day, September 4, Wendy will be playing a half-hour solo set at the Como Community Park on West Street as part of the RL Boyce picnic. A free event. Please see the events section of this website for more information.
The Oxford Blues Festival has invited Wendy to perform. Look for her on Friday June 7, 7:30 to 8:00 PM with special guests Shaundi Wall and Andrea Staten. https://oxfordbluesfest.com/
October 27 & 28 Wendy will play some spooky music at the Lee Tart Nature Preserve in Chakchiuma Swamp, Grenada, Mississippi!
Recent past highlights:
1. Wendy is featured in the Fall 2021 Issue of Mississippi Folklife: Performances and the Pandemic. http://www.mississippifolklife.org/
2. Wendy released "Partaking" a CD of her original instrumental slide guitar soundtracks. Plus one track with guest appearance by Memphis' Grace Askew.
3. In May 2021 the National Spasmodic Dysphonia Association https://dysphonia.org/ contacted Wendy about writing a song for the organization. Wendy and her songwriting coach Grace Askew cowrote the song "I have a Voice" which Grace live streamed. With Wendy on slide guitar, the song is now featured on NSDA social media https://dysphonia.org/i-have-a-voice/
Photo credit: Lindsay Pace